When preparing to travel for a quick weekend flight, I always have a few beauty essentials on hand. In partnering with Kleenex and their new radiant skincare line, my cleansing routine has become even easier. Healthier looking skin is at the top of every woman’s beauty wish list, and these innovative products help my skin’s natural radiance, especially when I am traveling.
Not only do they create beautiful lace and embroidered ready to wear, their vintage feeling lingerie will have you coming back for more. Each season the collection has just the right amount of sex appeal, making women feel as though they should be running free without a care in the world.
There are no winter blues here when you can pull off the on trend denim on denim look. Something about the double-denim trend goes against everything we’ve been taught is correct about putting together an outfit. So while yes, you know denim on denim is having a moment right now, putting the look together can seem a bit intimidating.
Check out my tips and tricks below and a few of my favorite street style looks.
1. DO: Play with colors if you’re a total beginner. Start out by pairing different shades of denim together, like white jeans and a blue denim jacket, or black jeans and a chambray shirt.
2. DON’T: Wear denim accessories. Keep the jeans confined to your clothing.
3. DO: Use denim shades to flatter or hide body parts. As a general rule, lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts, while darker washes create a slimming effect.
4. DON’T: Wear a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash.You don’t want to look too “matchy-matchy”.
5. DO: Distress. Something about ripped jeans just lends itself well to the denim on denim look. So don’t be afraid to rip away.
6. DON’T: Look to Westerns for inspiration. Think of denim on denim, and images of cowboys likely come to mind, so that means staying away from accessories like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, bolo ties, and Western belts.
7. DO: Dress up your double denim. Don’t be afraid to elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels or an amazing blazer.
I always get excited when I come across a new line of clothing that is both unique and inspirational at the same time. Shabby Apple was co-founded in 2006 for women because they are beautiful, powerful, and all unique. I have had the fun opportunity to collaborate with this brand, and just as the story goes, their clothing evokes style and class of vintage and modern day pieces.
Their belief in the company had me at hello, and just as simply as it was to fall in love with this Field Goal Dress, the whole site has me wanting more.
There is a perfect mix of clothing designed to exude confidence in the modern day woman. Shabby Apple has set out to design vintage inspired clothing to make women feel confident. Not only are they 90% owned and operated by females, they connect worldwide by partnering with organizations that help to empower women.
As Suzigstyles grows, my readers know that I love to get glam for the night in an amazing maxi skirt or dress. As for the day, especially when I am watching sports, easy casual style is my go to. I could not have been more fond of this site with their mix of pieces that define my personal style.
I am getting ready to host a fun filled day of football as well as a wedding shower, and both the looks below are on the radar!
We live at time when using a canvas bag is a social statement. I believe that buying a dress is too. – Athelia “CK” LeSueur
As we all know, dressing up for Halloween means getting your creative juices flowing. If you and your other half are struggling to come up with fun, and creative ideas, here is a round up of some of the best pop culture couples to recreate. Have fun with this one, and use your imagination to come up with a clever duo from any time in television history.
Check out some of my favorite pop culture costumes for twosomes, and a DIY on how to get the look!
Zak and Kelly from Saved by the Bell
For her: Anything cropped, neon, or off-the-shoulder will do. You could also make Bayside High sweatshirt. Don’t forget to spray those bangs up! For him: A blond wig is a must, along with a collared shirt (don’t forget you’re preppy!), baggy jeans, and old-school high-tops. A giant fake cell phone.
Daisy and Jay From The Great Gatsby
For her: A glittery, 1920s-style dress with a jeweled headband. Don’t forget tons of jewelry. For him: A tux, a Champagne glass, and a smile.
The Spartan Cheerleaders
What to wear: A cheerleading outfit with a sash that says “Spartans.”
Mitch and Cameron From Modern Family
For Mitch: Wear a red wig with a short beard, and a white collared shirt under a cardigan. For Cam: The shirt makes the costume: It must be patterned with a collar and cuffs in a loud, contrasting print.
What to wear: Either a tan suit with a printed tie and a fake beard or a printed dress with a curly wig and glasses.
Baby and Johnny From Dirty Dancing
For her: A white button knotted like a crop top and knee-high denim cutoffs. Don’t forget your white Keds. For him: A black tank top and pants.