Amy Purdy has been working over the past few years as an advocate for Element Eden. We first met when she was on Dancing with the Stars at a People Magazine shoot. We became fast friends and built a creative relationship together working on several projects, one being her line with Element Eden.
This line is a perfect mix of Amy’s life, functional fashion for an inspired life. The pieces all have a unique element to them, and can easily transition from a work-out to going out. The colors are full of life, and the first collection is not only perfect for the woman on the go, but is budget friendly.
Check out some of the looks below, and be sure to watch the behind the scenes video from our shoot!
This past Saturday marked the 22nd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards honoring performers in film and television. As expected the Red Carpet was in full force, and there was no shortage of beautiful gowns.
This past week the annual Sundance Film Festival once again took place in Park City, Utah. Since it is still cold outside, and most of the country is trying to stay warm in the midst of winter, take some fashion notes from these chic celebrities.
Fashion at the Sundance Film Festival has gone the way of music festival wear with chunky boots, shearling and goose down jackets. Celebrities and the like paired these staples with skinny pants, leather leggings, fur-trimmed hoods and plaid blanket shawls. Overall, the look was fun spirited and casual.
There are no winter blues here when you can pull off the on trend denim on denim look. Something about the double-denim trend goes against everything we’ve been taught is correct about putting together an outfit. So while yes, you know denim on denim is having a moment right now, putting the look together can seem a bit intimidating.
Check out my tips and tricks below and a few of my favorite street style looks.
1. DO: Play with colors if you’re a total beginner. Start out by pairing different shades of denim together, like white jeans and a blue denim jacket, or black jeans and a chambray shirt.
2. DON’T: Wear denim accessories. Keep the jeans confined to your clothing.
3. DO: Use denim shades to flatter or hide body parts. As a general rule, lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts, while darker washes create a slimming effect.
4. DON’T: Wear a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash.You don’t want to look too “matchy-matchy”.
5. DO: Distress. Something about ripped jeans just lends itself well to the denim on denim look. So don’t be afraid to rip away.
6. DON’T: Look to Westerns for inspiration. Think of denim on denim, and images of cowboys likely come to mind, so that means staying away from accessories like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, bolo ties, and Western belts.
7. DO: Dress up your double denim. Don’t be afraid to elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels or an amazing blazer.