One of my favorite Hollywood trainers Astrid Swan is here to give you some of her favorite moves to keep you Cosmo Body ready!
- How did you get your start in fitness?
I started modeling at age 14 and was immediately thrown to the wolves of being body conscious. I made a choice at that young age to figure out a way to be healthy and not go the route of crash diets to be thin! It was trial and error in the beginning but without realizing it, I was becoming a trainer not only to myself but my peers in the industry.
- You currently train several celebrities around town, how do you effortlessly go from the gym to everyday life?
I wear a lot of black! Lol! I have a busy schedule but I always try to look put together without trying to hard! When the alarm goes off at 430am and sleeping in is 530am, I have a routine. No matter what, concealer under the eye, I tint my lashes and love a light lip stain. I always am in 3/4 leggings or full leggings, a cool sneaker (currently rocking a pair of air Jordan’s hello throw back!) If I have to run to a meeting after I train, I will throw on a fitted leather jacket or blazer and it becomes effortless and true to my aesthetic.
- As a lead trainer for Cosmo Body, you are constantly in front of the camera. Any tips on how to stay looking great after a workout?
Immediately wash your face but don’t wash your hair that often!!!
- What are some of your favorite fitness lines and why?
There are so many amazing fitness lines right now and I am thrilled to try them all!! Michi, Koral, VPL, Lululemon, Without Walls for a great lower price point and I have to say, Eddie Bauer has some great fitted leggings right now (but go down a size as they run big!)
- As women, we love to get any great fitness tips from top trainers. Any go to moves for the summer?
Curtsy lungesFull push-up burpes (I know 2 things people usually hate…. Those are the ones you should do more of 😉) V-ups
- Last, any great super foods you recommend to keep us svelte for bathing suit season?
Coconut oil! So great for energy & for your skin. I cook with it, I eat with bee pollen as a snack, I use it as body lotion! My fav!!!