There are no winter blues here when you can pull off the on trend denim on denim look. Something about the double-denim trend goes against everything we’ve been taught is correct about putting together an outfit. So while yes, you know denim on denim is having a moment right now, putting the look together can seem a bit intimidating.
Check out my tips and tricks below and a few of my favorite street style looks.
1. DO: Play with colors if you’re a total beginner. Start out by pairing different shades of denim together, like white jeans and a blue denim jacket, or black jeans and a chambray shirt.
2. DON’T: Wear denim accessories. Keep the jeans confined to your clothing.
3. DO: Use denim shades to flatter or hide body parts. As a general rule, lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts, while darker washes create a slimming effect.
4. DON’T: Wear a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash.You don’t want to look too “matchy-matchy”.
5. DO: Distress. Something about ripped jeans just lends itself well to the denim on denim look. So don’t be afraid to rip away.
6. DON’T: Look to Westerns for inspiration. Think of denim on denim, and images of cowboys likely come to mind, so that means staying away from accessories like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, bolo ties, and Western belts.
7. DO: Dress up your double denim. Don’t be afraid to elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels or an amazing blazer.
Guess Jeans Denim Ad